The Clean Energy Council has introduced an accreditation program for people who install batts in ceilings, floors and walls.
Insulation batts being installed in a ceiling
This program has been developed with the support of the Insulation Council of Australia and New Zealand (ICANZ) and its members, and with input from Insulation Australia.
Purpose of the accreditation program
This program will help to restore consumer confidence and support jobs and investment in the Australian manufacturing and retail insulation sectors.
The aims of the program are to:
- improve the skill levels of the people working in this industry
- improve the safety in the industry
- protect the reputation of the industry
- improve the quality standard in the industry
- reduce risks to the consumer when they purchase the good or service.
Therefore, the program must ensure:
- the competency of the people entering the industry
- the ongoing competence of people within the industry
- the removal or re-training of people who are not competent
- customer complaints are dealt with fairly and efficiently.